It’s the beginning of a New Year, a new month, and a new week, so I thought I would start something new. I am calling it “Monday Meals with Me” and every Monday I’ll be sharing some of my favorite recipes with you.
Now that it officially feels like Winter, I wanted to share my go-to Chili recipe with you all!
It’s perfect for a cold winter night or Sunday afternoon watching football. It’s super easy and you can make it as mild or spicy as you want by adjusting the chile peppers, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
I love to serve mine with sour cream and cheese on top, and my weakness is putting it all on top of a bed of Fritos.
// SIMILAR TOP //
Growing up we’d call it a haystack, and it’s always how I had it when we’d take a break from skiing. What’s great about this recipe is it makes a big pot, so I always freeze a good portion to enjoy later!
EASY CHILI WITH BEANS & BEEFPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large pot brown ground beef, and drain.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chile peppers, tomato sauce, water, kidney beans, pinto beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes and then serve.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, extra onions and of course my fav Fritos!